BIG IDEA 2016-17
Award Winning Big Idea -XI D (Self Defense)
When we look for ways to improve student achievement we often cite school climate as a major factor, but just what is "school climate"? School Climate is often defined as the"quality and character of school life" and identifies understanding the relationships within the school and with the society on a micro and macro level as one of the major aspects.
The Challenge for this category is to describe a new policy program, course, initiative or service that improves the DPS Sharjah student experience in a meaningful way.
IMPROVING SCHOOL LIFE
• Increase in crime rates
• Lack of knowledge concerning self-protection
• Ability to handle high stress situation
• Skills to administer life-saving procedures
• Acquiring practical expertise in essential areas
• Short reprieve from class-room education
• First-aid classes to be carried out by the school nurse/Doctor.
• Self-defense classes to be headed by an external professional
• Students from each grade who are already well-versed in Martial arts can assist the professionals.
• Later stages of the scheme will include higher levels of training.
Industrial Area 16, Muwaileh Commercial
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Phone +971 - 6 - 5345352
Fax +971 - 6 - 5345858
CONNECT WITH US
© 2018 Delhi Private School Sharjah. All Rights Reserved.