• No leave of absence except for illness will be granted unless applied for in writing and in advance.
• All leave taken must be recorded in the Almanac and signed by the teacher.
• Students who have been sick should bring a medical certificate from their doctor on joining school. A copy of the certificate should be submitted and signed in the school clinic for follow up.
• Students who require medical attention during school hours are sent to the clinic with a slip, by the teacher.
• No child who is medically unfit will be allowed to take the weekly tests.
ABSENTEEISM DURING WEEKLY TESTS
• No retest will be conducted in case of absence during tests.
• One month’s written notice of intention of withdrawal is to be submitted to the school authorities.
• Completed withdrawal form along with the fee towards the Transfer Certificate is to be submitted to the school office after the letter of intent.
• A pupil’s name will be struck off the school rolls if the child remains absent for a period of 30 continuous days without prior permission of the school authorities.
DISCIPLINE AND BEHAVIOUR
To create a pleasant atmosphere, conducive to learning, in which children can work safely and efficiently, high standards of positive self- discipline are required. Good order and positive discipline are sought through good relationships. Generally the school enjoys a friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere and emphasis is given to encouraging and showing appreciation of good behaviour rather than punish bad behaviour.
Every student must carry his almanac to school each day.
Every student must wear his RFID card to school everyday.
MEETING WITH TEACHERS
• Parents can meet teachers by prior appointment only. Appointments may be fixed by communicating with the teacher through the CLP or Almanac.
The school uniform should be worn on all working days including the child’s birthday.Sports uniform should be worn only on days assigned for PE in the timetable unless otherwise specified by the teacher.Students must wear the school sweater/blazer during the winter months. Jewelry, accessories, etc. are not allowed.Office bearers will wear their respective badges daily.
• Students must maintain complete silence in the library.
• The library has an “open access” system. The children are allowed to go to the shelves and take a book of their choice. They must put the books back on the same shelf after reading to maintain order and organization in the library.
• Students can issue one book per week.
• No reference books are issued to students.
• Books marked, disfigured, damaged or lost will be replaced or paid for by the borrower.
• Students are not allowed to bring personal books or other belongings to the library.
All students should reach the bus stop at least five minutes before the arrival time. Buses will not wait for latecomers.The bus drivers are authorized to stop the buses at designated stops only, unless otherwise directed by the bus teacher. The list of designated stops has been formulated keeping in view the convenience and safety of the students and you are required to adhere to the same. Children of KGI to Grade II must be dropped and picked up from the bus stop by the parent/caretaker. If the person is not at the bus stop the child will be brought back to school and the parent will have to make arrangements to pick up the child from school. Parents are not allowed to enter or travel in the bus at any time. If parents have any concern regarding the transport facility they are requested to ask for a complaint form from the driver or fill up the complaint form on the CLP. The concern will be addressed by the school at the earliest. The bus teachers and bus monitors are responsible for maintaining discipline in the buses. Any serious offences will be reported to the Headmistress. Children will not be allowed to board other buses without prior permission from the parent and approval by the Supervisor.
• Students who travel in their own transport must be picked up from school by 1:15 pm.
• Students should never leave the school before the attendant arrives.
• In case of delay they should report to the school reception and the parent will be called.
Industrial Area 16, Muwaileh Commercial
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Phone +971 - 6 - 5345352
Fax +971 - 6 - 5345858
CONNECT WITH US
© 2018 Delhi Private School Sharjah. All Rights Reserved.
RULES AND REGULATIONS