Personal Mentoring Program (PMP) is an initiative by the school to provide mentoring, to support and to encourage students to manage their own learning so that they may maximise their potential, develop their skills and improve their performance. One effective way of doing this is for teachers to work with students one-to-one or in small groups in a tutoring, counselling or mentoring role. This is the primary objective of PMP and it focuses on the Grade 6 students so that they can adjust well to their new environment and their new responsibilities. The mentor will act as a role model a friend guide and confidant constantly encouraging the child especially around academic goals and personal development.
PMP AIMS AT:
• Knowing each student in a better way.
• Giving personal attention to students' problems and guiding them to solve them.
• Help the students to identify their strength/weakness and work towards them.
• Improve the academic performance of students.
• Reduce serious school infractions such as disciplinary, fighting, referrals.
• Overall development of the child.
• Making schooling a wonderful and enjoyable experience for students.
COUNSELING IN MIDDLE SCHOOL
The Counseling Centre handles the students of 6th to 8th grade at the following levels.
• EMOTIONAL COUNSELING
• BEHAVIORAL COUNSELING
• STUDENT WORKSHOPS
• BUILDING BLOCKS
• AWARENESS CAMPAIGNS
• CENTRE FOR HOLISTIC &INTEGRATEDLEARNING& DEVLOPMENT
EFFECTIVE CLASSROOM LEARNING
ECL program has been evolved with a view to help the student
• Organize his time
• Maximize his learning outcome
• Participate actively in the classroom
• Improve response and questioning ability
It works through a system of structured teaching and a series of pre reads, post reads and assessments provided to the child on a regular basis.
REMEDIAL AND PARALLEL CLASSES
The Middle school has structured a system where by those needing additional help in Arabic can avail of remedial classes which are scheduled after school. Here the students are given individual attention and brought up to the regular standard.
In addition to this. parallel classes are also conducted to enable teaching at different levels to go on simultaneously.Students who are unable to cope with regular studies benefit from these classes as they are taught in small groups and personalised attention is given.
Industrial Area 16, Muwaileh Commercial
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Phone +971 - 6 - 5345352
Fax +971 - 6 - 5345858
CONNECT WITH US
© 2018 Delhi Private School Sharjah. All Rights Reserved.
ACADEMIC ENHANCEMENT PROGRAMME