• The library has an ‘open access system’. During the library period children are encouraged to read a book of their choice. They are also allowed to borrow books.
• Newspapers, magazines and periodicals help children spend many happy hours expanding their knowledge and cultivating good reading habits.
The Senior library collects, organizes and provides access to and services for a rich and unique record of human thought and creativity.
• The school counseling centre is committed to providing a range of services intended to help student
develop and improve coping skills in order to address emotional, interpersonal and academic concerns.
• The school offers the facilities of helping teachers and children to cope better with the surroundings and challenges.
• The centre also provides guidance to parents.
It fosters intellectual growth and supports the teaching and learning and materials for preparatory courses and entrance examinations.
A distinctive strength is its rich spectrum of resources, ranges from printed books, newspapers, magazines, periodicals to electronic databases which is available online on the student CLP ID. Students are provided internet/wifi facilities for any references required. The dynamic staff offers innovative and flexible services to library readers.
Industrial Area 16, Muwaileh Commercial
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Phone +971 - 6 - 5345352
Fax +971 - 6 - 5345858
CONNECT WITH US
© 2018 Delhi Private School Sharjah. All Rights Reserved.
The students are facilitated with language labs, equipped with the latest technology to impart fruitful language learning. The languages are effectively taught by using the facilities in these labs.
Extensive training is given in the language labs to all the students of Gr XI and XII to benefit them in TOEFL/IELTS tests. Also, successful implemention of ASL speaking and listening skill assessment for Grade 9 and 10 is possible due to these highly modernised language labs.
The new language lab provides for extensive language training needs, linguistic diversity, technological resources, multi lingual language learning soft wares and resources for ELT, TESOL and TOEFL
The school has well equipped labs for teaching Science, Maths and Computers.
Students get ‘hands on experience’ by conducting experiments which make their lessons more interesting and easier to understand.Trained lab assistants ensure safety and smooth flow of experiments in the lab.
• The school has two well-equipped clinics with trained doctors and nurses who are available to provide necessary health care.
Regular check up both dental and general as directed by the Ministry of Health is done.The Clinic also organizes workshops and health- talks for students and faculty regularly.
The Clinic is open for any requirements during the after-school activity duration after school hours
• In case of emergency students are taken to the hospital for expert care.
• Education is the all-round development of mind and body and facilities for sports and recreation are an integral part of the senior school curriculum.
DPS Sharjah offers extensive sports facilities to encourage intramural and interschool activities and host to some of
the biggest Interschool events. The facilities extend from the green field for athletics inclusive of long jump pits and high jump areas, soccer and cricket to a multi purpose hall for table tennis practice and tournaments and a swimming pool
•Students are given the opportunity to participate in a diverse range of competitions at the school and national level to further hone and develop their skills.
• All these facilities are provided keeping in mind the safety and comfort of the student
• To encourage the holistic development of students centers for learning and developing skills in fine arts are provided.
• The senior school has well-equipped facilities for training in music, dance and Art.
• Separate facilities are provided for both boys and girls where they are trained by experienced and creative teachers.
BOOKS & UNIFORM
• The school bookshop makes uniforms, books and stationery easily accessible for both parents and students.
• For the purpose of uniformity parents are advised to buy these from the school bookshop.
COMPREHENSIVE LEARNING PORTAL CLP
• CLP is a quick and easy communication portal connecting all members of the school
• The portal shares all important and relevant information.
• Students have easy accessibility to assignment and extra learning material
• Continuous updates on each students progress is given.
• Online testing and other facilities are possible
• The school has separate canteens for boys and girls.
• It serves healthy food and snacks at subsidized rates.
• Lunch is available for students who need to stay-back for remedials, tutorials and other sporting and afterschool activities.